This recipe for Reindeer Cupcakes will be a hit at your holiday get-together! Both kids and adults will love these!
1 Dozen Cupcakes
TOTAL TIME: 35 min
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, or plain kefir, room temperature
- Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
- Mini Pretzels
- Mini Nilla Wafers
- Chocolate Chips
- Crunchies Freeze Dried Bananas in Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 minutes until thick and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition then scrape down the bowl. Add 2 tsp vanilla and beat to combine.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and add the flour mixture in thirds alternating with the buttermilk, mixing to incorporate with each addition. Scrape down the bowl as needed and beat until just combined and smooth. Divide the batter evenly into a 12-count lined muffin or cupcake pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes at 350 °F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature before frosting.
- Once cool, frost cupcakes with vanilla icing
- Break pretzel in half to form “antlers” and add to the top of the cupcake.
- Add chocolate chips for eyes
- Add Nilla Wafers for the face.
- Add a small smidge of icing and stick Crunchies on top to form the “nose”
- If you want a “Rudolph” add a red M&M