Making donuts at home is a very easy and fun way to get your donut fix. This recipe for Strawberry Donuts is sure to be a family favorite. This sweet and cakey donut is topped with a sweet strawberry glaze – both of which use Crunchies Freeze Dried Strawberries. YUM!
TOTAL TIME: 30 min
- ¾ cup Crunchies Freeze Dried Strawberries, broken up
- 2 cup Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Crunchies Freeze Dried Strawberries, crushed
- 1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Milk
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Prep freeze dried strawberries. Gently break up ¾ cup for donuts, so the chunks are smaller. For the glaze, crush ½ cup.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl mix together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined.
- Add freeze dried strawberries.
- Place batter in donut tin.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, make glaze.
- Add powdered sugar, crushed freeze dried strawberries and lemon juice to bowl and mix.
- Add milk while continuing to stir.
- Once donuts are cool, dip them in the glaze.