CRUNCHIES HERBED THANKSGIVING STUFFING
Let’s get ready for Thanksgiving with a simple recipe incorporating some of our favorite Crunchies! Feast your eyes on our take on stuffing, this Herbed Stuffing with Crunchies Free-Dried Cinnamon Apples, sage, onions and celery. Make it as a fun side dish for your Thanksgiving feast, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
TOTAL TIME: 50 min
- 10 oz bag stuffing cubes
- 3 T olive oil (plus enough to oil an 8×8-inch casserole dish)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 6 oz vegetarian sausage (cooked and chopped)
- 2 bags Crunchies Freeze-Dried Cinnamon Apples (chopped)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh sage (finely chopped or 1/4 tsp ground sage)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (finely chopped or 1/4 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and celery and cook for about ten minutes, until softened and starting to brown.
- Add the cooked, chopped sausage and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped Crunchies Freeze-Dried Cinnamon Apples and stuffing cubes and mix well.
- Pour vegetable stock over the mixture, toss to mix, and transfer to an oiled 8×8-inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned on top and hot in the middle.