Strawberry-Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
Nothing says happy – and healthy – like a plate of whole wheat pancakes with a Crunchies twist! A plate full of these delicious favorites is sure to win your family over and keep them at the breakfast table.
- 2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 t baking powder
- zest from 1 large orange
- 1 t salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/4c milk (or soymilk)
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1 c Strawberry Crunchies
- 3 egg whites
- non-stick spray (preferably canola)
- Sift (1) together into large bowl.
- Beat yolks, then slowly beat in milk and oil.
- Slowly combine (2) into (1).
- Mix in Strawberry Crunchies.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mix.
- Heat pan or griddle over medium heat until drop of water “dances” on pan.
- Spray non-stick oil and immediately ladle onto surface.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and air holes have come through to the top of the pancake.
- Flip and finish cooking.