Give us a Call
733 Lakefield Rd.– Suite B
Westlake Village, California 91361
- Phone: 888.997.1866
- Fax: 805.230.2476
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Press Inquires:
Hot Ice Media
- Phone: 818.222.9092
- E-mail: email@example.com
Crunchies announces Major Corporate Expansion & Restructuring
Westlake Village, CA, February 13, 2014 — Crunchies Food Company, America’s leading producer of all-natural, freeze-dried fruit and vegetable snacks, is implementing a major corporate restructuring into formal account business teams designed to significantly strengthen operations across all disciplines, it was announced today by President and CEO James Lacey.
Crunchies’ multi-faceted expansion and restructuring stems from an important new infusion of investment capital designed to help the brand not only maintain its rapid annual growth rate, but to better facilitate the expansion of its customer base, ingredient sourcing operations, sales activities and plant certifications going forward.
Already the leader in the fast-growing freeze-dried snack category, Crunchies is known for product development innovations ranging from Seasoned Grilled Edamame and Wild Rice to red Grapes, its newest fruit variety. The company now manufactures 27 varieties of fruits and veggies – all defined by Crunchies’ boldly colorful packaging, premier-quality ingredients, all-natural nutrients and irresistible flavor.
In addition to attracting the likes of Walmart, Rite Aid, Wegmans, UNFI, KEHE, and Harris Teeter as retail partners, Crunchies will immediately begin expansion into all important sales channels, including drug store, convenience and mass.
To illustrate how important its major retailers are to the company, the new customer teams were put in place in order to better serve its national and regional retailers in three key areas: order entry, logistics, and deduction management. This is further intended to aid in reducing costs out of the system, in order for Crunchies to provide the highest quality product at the lowest possible price.
Among the key components of Crunchies’ new restructuring:
- Customer Operations will be comprised of designated customer focus teams and will oversee consumer packaged goods (CPG) best practices in such vital areas as sales activities, interaction with leading retailers, logistics, order and invoice reconciliation, order entry and pricing maintenance. Crucial to the new structuring will be a single point of contact customer operations approach, effective immediately.
- Strengthened investor relations, banking relations and financial analysis in finance.
- Increased R&D capabilities and quality control expertise, and certification verification.
- An expanded sales team, including two regional VPs and trade and event coordinators.
- Non-GMO Project initiation, on the heels of FDA, organic, gluten-free and Kosher plant certification in hand.
- Increased brand-building marketing initiatives, including multi-year sponsorship of such high visibility healthy lifestyle events such as the Amgen Tour of California, Los Angeles Marathon, Bay to Breakers National Health Fair, as well as extensive event sampling and couponing at nearly 50 events across the country planned for 2014.
In addition, Crunchies is set to debut two new lines of freeze-dried fruit and veggies snacks, as well as new varieties within existing lines, at Natural Products Expo West, the natural food industry’s largest trade show (taking place in Anaheim, California March 7-9). A repeat ExpoWest Gold Sponsor, Crunchies will showcase outside the Anaheim Convention Center and at one of the show’s most consumer-friendly - and colorful - booths (Booth #4028).
Commenting on the new expansion and restructuring, CEO James Lacey said, “With Crunchies in the midst of its most dramatic period of growth ever, every member of our team, as well as our growing list of valued investors, shares the same commitment to serving the needs of our customers in the most thorough and responsive manner possible.
“As the industry’s market leader, we’ve spent years educating consumers about the importance of healthy, all-natural foods and about the nutrition and taste attributes of the freeze-dried category as a whole. We’re proud so many millions of people have become loyal Crunchies’ fans and that so many respected retailers have recognized the appeal of our products among health food devotees and mainstream consumers alike.”
Crunchies’ Board of Advisors is excited about the continued expansion, innovation and leadership of the company going forward and wholeheartedly supports the forward-looking growth strategies behind the company’s new restructuring.
About Crunchies Food Company, LLC
Founded in 2006, Crunchies Food Company’s leading line of all-natural, delicious, nutritious and convenient freeze-dried fruits and vegetables is redefining healthy snacking for the 21st century. With an unmistakably satisfying crunch of delicious concentrated all-natural flavor, Crunchies are free of unhealthy additives, chemicals, preservatives or unhealthy ingredients, plus they’re gluten-free, Certified Kosher, wheat free and naturally low-fat.
Branded as “Nature’s Ultimate Snack Food,” Crunchies are available nationwide at leading retailers including Walmart, Rite Aid, Wegmans, Ralphs and Sprouts. For more information or to order online, visit www.crunchiesfood.com or call 888-997-1866, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Peter Berk Susan Roush
818-222-9092 or 818-389-7912 818-282-0274